At Pickawood, we believe in high quality and consistency and settle for nothing less. We set the highest standards for ourselves and aim for this with every custom-made furniture piece that we produce. In order to achieve this, we place our trust in the finest, sustainable materials paired with expert production. As nature is very close to our hearts, we only use woods from sustainable forestry for the production of our exclusive furniture, and we are constantly developing and optimizing our production processes.
To do so, we partner with expert craftspeople and production sites, which guarantees that our materials are formed into products of premium quality. We ensure the joineries we use undergo a strict selection process and test our products on-site to ensure they meet safety and quality standards. Only when we are completely convinced of a joineries ability to meet our standards we will welcome them into our production network.
Once your order is completed...
- When your order is completed and received, your configuration is checked again by us and then handed over to our carpenters and production team.
- The joinery first processes your selected wood type or material type into wooden boards. The timber is procured directly from our sustainable sources and prepared for production with any necessary glueing, cutting and sanding.
- The finished wooden panels are then cut to your desired dimensions and prepared for assembly. Any necessary holes are also drilled at this time.
- The chosen wood panels for your furniture piece are then treated with your selected oil or varnish.
- Your furniture piece then undergoes a final inspection where we check the furniture for quality and to ensure it meets our standards and the details of your order.
- The entire process from the day of your order to delivery takes only 8-10 weeks.
Our modern machine processes
Although there is a lot of manual work involved in producing individual pieces of custom-made furniture, the introduction of machine production into our manufacturing processes is indispensable. Combining hand-crafted techniques with machine functions in this way ensures that we can produce high-quality products effectively and in a timely manner. Our joineries use only modern, efficient machine-based technologies, which are perfectly adapted to the demands of our business and our industry. The results, really do speak for themselves!